Monday, February 06, 2006

Premonition?

Bronwyn and Elliot had pep band tonight, and when I picked them up, they were fighting over what to listen to on the radio. Elliot put it on the oldies station, which happened to be playing "Happy Together." The three of us simultaneously burst into song...loudy, terribly...along with the music. And then we started to laugh. So there we were, laughing, singing badly, and it occurred to me that when I am 80 years old and they are putting me in "The Home," this is something they will remember. They will say to each other, "Remember when mom picked us up from pep band and we all started singing at the top of our lungs in the car?" And they will relive the memory and hopefully feel bad about locking me away!! Hee hee!

But seriously, don't you sometimes just know when you're making a memory? And isn't it always during some relatively insignificant event?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home