Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What it takes to make a teenager smile!


My kids are pretty much used to my various projects. Whenever I show them what I'm working on, they give it a cursory glance and mumble, "yeah, ok, Mom."

Of course that was before I completed my week 5 project for Donna Downey's on line class! Bronwyn came home and saw this sitting on the table, and she actually smiled!!!

This is a 9 x 12 canvas collaged with her actual band music. I wanted to make something special to show her how proud I am of her drive and determination to stick to her goals. She made district honor honorable mention band (the first freshman in 10 years from her school to make it), and her goal next year is to make it to all-state. I know she can do it. She is a pretty amazing kid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home