Sunday, June 17, 2007

Musings at McDonalds...

My daughter, McDonalds employee....! She is ridiculously excited about having her first job. She got her first paycheck on Friday. $330 and some change. Isn't that ridiculous??? Times sure have changed when I had my first job making $3-something an hour at Hecht's .

All that's missing is the picture, which she refuses to let me take. One of these days I'm going to have to sneak in with the camera and take some quick candids of her at work.

On the down side, I've been having to spend my weekends here because it's a 50 mile round trip to take her to work. It's not an issue during the week when Matt is working a few blocks away, but he's off on weekends and she usually isn't. I really wish the price of gas would go down so that I wouldn't have to stay in town all day. But on the plus side, McDonald's has free high speed internet, which isn't even available where we live, so I have been spending my time here online doing things I can only dream of at home...watching videos...being inspired by the gorgeous pages in the ck image gallery...shopping...oops! I wasn't supposed to divulge that little bit of information! LOL

I have been on a scrapping kick lately, starting a couple weeks ago when all the kids spent the week in Kansas City with relatives. Here is one of my favorite pages, a scraplift from the July/August Simple Scrapbooks:



Here's another I had fun with:



Yes, that's FIBER! I love fiber, whether it's "in" or not. It picks up the colors in McKenna's shirt perfectly and ads so much texture to the page. I had so much fun doing this layout I'm going to use the rest of my fiber stash making cards with a stitched fiber design.

And this will probably be the next picture I scrap:




I took a series of pictures of McKenna on the front porch in her Mexican sundress. She is such a little cutie, and still likes to have her picture taken, so I am enjoying the photo ops while I still can!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tya said...

Love the layouts and the pic of Mckenna. Can't wait to see that layout. :-)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Love your blog tanja!

Isn't it funny the sacrifices we make as mother's for our children! WOW! I applaude you for staying in town all day while she works! Most people would say it isnt even worth it!

Tootles!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home