Monday, February 27, 2006

Heck Yes!!!!!



Isn't it beautiful????? Isn't it perfect????? Isn't it???

I haven't been this excited since I got my first boom box in the 7th grade!

I had been planning on getting an ipod for a few months, but I never really considered getting the one that played videos. But since our business is, after all, producing motion photo videos, I figured I could also use it as an advertising thing and get a tax deduction out of it. And it does play our videos...and they look so cute on the little bitty screen!!!!!

I cleaned house this morning, and with my music to keep me company, it didn't even seem like work. I danced, and I sang (badly, to the chorus of, "Gosh, Mom, keep it down!" from Elliot, who is home sick today!).

But the best thing about my new ipod is that I have rediscovered my music, and in a lot of ways, myself, too. I live in a small house, with a big family. The TV is always on, or someone is practicing clarinet or drums, or doing homework, or sleeping. I don't have a lot of opportunity to listen to music, except for those rare occasions when I'm in the car by myself. But a funny thing happened when I was loading my music onto my ipod. I started with this CD...remember this one?

In 1996, I got divorced, went back to school and was embarking on a new life as a single mom. Looking back, I remember this as one of the best times of my life...I was savoring my newfound independence, reveling in my accomplishments and getting my life together. And Alanis provided the soundtrack to it all. I played this cd so many times I wore it out and had to buy a new one. Yet, as I was loading it onto the computer, and as I heard the first strains of "All I really Want," I realized that I hadn't listened to this cd in almost ten years. Why?? Did the music serve its purpose and I no longer needed it? Or is it because life just got in the way of me enjoying a cd where every song had personal meaning for me?

Something to think about.

And here's another one:

If you don't remember this, you're not alone. This is the BEST album Bad Company ever put out, in my humble opinion. It's 15 years old...but you never hear any of the songs from Holy Water on the radio, ever. Classic rock stations will play "Feel like Makin' Love" or "Bad Company" all day long, but you never hear, "Holy Water" or "Walk through Fire." It's like the album that never was...I couldn't fine this album on itunes or at my local music store. Fortunately, I tracked one down on ebay; I have good memories associated with this one too, but mostly it's just pure fun and it ROCKS. If you ever have the opportunity to listen to "Holy Water," and the first few bars of screaming guitar don't make you want to dance, there is something seriously wrong with you!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home